May 2017-December 2017
» Download Release Notes «
Order & Quote Entry System
- New Fields- Alternate Product Code and Alternate Description added to Open Documents Optional Grid in the Order Detail line.
- New Fields- Optional comment fields have been added to the Enter & Edit Orders – Detail Line screen.
- New System Flag-There is a new system flag called Point to Check For Customer PO. This flag gives you the option to check for a customer purchase order at Order Entry-First Screen, Order Entry-Last Screen, Allocate Inventory or Invoice Creation. It is located in Utilities, System Administrator System, System Set Up, Miscellaneous Setup, Enter & Edit Entity Flags, Order Entry Flags page 6 of 7.
- New User Flag-There is a new User flag Show Cust PO in Recent Order List. If this flag is set to Yes, the customer purchase order will show in the most recently selected list.
- New Report- New inquiry that looks at changes history for all orders at once is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Order Reports, Order Analysis Reports, Full Order Change History.
- New Optional Information Grid-The Enter & Edit Sales Order and Order Inquiry screens now have an optional information grid that shows the “Document Output History”
- New Optional Information Grid-An Optional Information Grid showing all payments related to all of an order’s revisions is now available in E&E Orders and Order Inquiry screens.
- New Optional Information Grid-The Enter & Edit Sales Order Schedule Information now has grids about who and when a sales order’s schedule was entered and when the date was modified.
- New System Flag-The flag for the editable fields in the Enter & Edit Order final screen has been replaced with a general flag that will apply to all Enter & Edit Final screens as they become enabled with that feature. The flag has been moved to a different screen and is now located in Utilities, System Administrator System, System Set Up, Miscellaneous Setup, Enter & Edit Entity Flags, General Flags. When this flag is set to yes, you will be able to edit the fields shown below:
- New Fields Added to Report: New fields added to the Open Orders by Order Number Report include: Lines Packed, Allocated, Packing List Printed, Delivery Lot, Tracking Number. This report is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Order Reports, Open Order Reports, Open Orders by Order Number
- New Optional Information Grid-Order-In Enter & Edit Orders, Detail Line Shipment Schedule will now keep track of the original ship date entered. Existing schedules will be left blank
- New Fields Added to Report-The Order Type has been added as an additional column to the Order Booking Activity Report grid. The Order Booking Activity Report is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Order Reports,Order Booking Reports, Order Booking Activity Report
- New Optional Column-There are now Optional Columns in Order Detail grid in Enter & Edit Orders and Order Inquiry now includes Reorder Point, Max Qty to Stock, Stocking Objective, Max Stocking Objective and Stocking Unit of Measure
- New Optional Column-There are now Optional Columns in Order Detail grid in Enter & Edit Orders includes Available to Produce. This column looks at the first level Bill Of Material for the product and calculates how many can be produced. There is a new user flag Show Avail to Produce Column in Orders” in Enter & Edit User Flags – Order Entry that will allow you to see this column.
Purchase Order System
- New Optional Information Grids- There are now Optional Information Grids for Branch Stocking Values, Open Documents, Recent Product Lost Sales, Recent Product Receipts, Recent Product Sales, Alternates, Substitutes, Kits and Vendor Contract Pricing added to the Enter & Edit RFQ Detail Line screen.
- New Optional Information Grid-In Enter & Edit Purchase Orders and in Purchase Order Inquiry there is now an optional information grid for Document Output History
- New System Flag-There is a new system flag that will allow for a discount percent to affect a P.O. detail line’s landed cost. This flag is located in Utilities, System Administrator System, System Set Up, Miscellaneous Setup, Enter & Edit Entity Flags, Purchase Orders Flags, Page 4 of 4, Allow Vendor P.O. Discounts. A vendor can have a Default P.O. Discount
This will be used when creating new P.O.’s for the vendor. The P.O.’s P.O. Discount defaults to the vendor’s default but can be overridden for the P.O. without changing the vendor’s default
New detail lines will default to the P.O. Discount but can be overridden with the P.O. Detail Discount field.
If line items exist you will be asked if you want to change their values when changing the P.O. Discount
- New Optional Information Grid-In Enter & Edit Purchase Order Detail Lines there are now Optional Grids that include Alternates, Substitute, Kits.
- New Fields added to report-The Receipts Journal by Product now shows Optional Label Comments column. The Receipts Journal by Product is located in Purchase Order System, Purchase Order Reports, PO Receipts Journals, Receipts Journal by Product
- New Optional Information Grid-There is now a Optional Information Grid called Recent Product RFQ’s added to Product Inquiry and Enter & Edit PO screens, Enter & Edit Order – Detail Line and Enter & Edit RFQ – Detail Line.
- New Fields added to report-There are new fields added to the Receipts Journal by Vendor grid: Vendor Code, Vendor Name, Cost UOM (per), Extension. The Receipts Journal by Vendor is located in Purchase Order System, Purchase Order Reports, PO Receipts Journals, Receipts Journal by Vendor
Processing Purchase Orders
- New Optional Column-There is now an Optional columns have been added the the Enter & Edit PPO Detail Lines grid: Include in VMI Mobile and VMI Mobile Barcode.
Supply Chain Network
- New Feature- Now you have the ability to associate products with XL Screw parts in the XL Screw inquiries.
- New Optional Information Grid- When entering a PO detail line for XL Screw there is now an optional information grid that will show the response of the web call to the XL Screw site. This is currently for informational use only, the system will have to map UOM’s before the response from XL Screw will be able to affect data.
- New Feature-Purchase Orders submitted electronically will now show up as outbound history. The upgrade program will create records for Purchase Orders that have already been submitted. Reminder: FSCN stands for Fastener Supply Chain Network.
- New Report: There is a new inquiry added called Product Substitute Inquiry which is located in Inventory System, Inventory Reports, Inventory Lists, Product Substitute Inquiry
- New Fields Added to Report: There are now Optional columns that have been added to the Detail Inventory List grid for Tariff and Tariff Description. The Detail Inventory List is located here: Inventory System, Inventory Reports, Inventory Lists, Detail Inventory List
- New Option in Product Inquiry: In a product inquiry there is an option to see Volume. This is controlled by a flag located below. If you say Yes to Use Volume the Product Inquiry won’t show the Theoretical Count. The flag is located in Utilities, System Administrator System, System Set Up, Miscellaneous Setup, Enter & Edit Entity Flags, Inventory Flags, Page 4 of 4, Use Theoretical Volume
- New Fields Added to Report: The Dead Inventory Report grid will now show the product classification code and product classification description as optional columns. The Dead Inventory report is located in Inventory System, Inventory File Maintenance, Dead Inventory System, Dead Inventory Reports, Dead Inventory Report.
- New Field added to Optional Information Grid-Branch and Branch Name have been added as optional columns in Product Inquiry screens in the
Recent Product Receipts optional information grid
- New Fields added to report- The following fields have been added to the report List Contacts by Customer- Entered by and Entered Date. This report is located in Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Customer Lists & Labels, List Contacts by Customer.
- New Feature- When entering orders only customers assigned as Customer as their type will show up in lookup lists if the order type is a Firm Order. Orders that are entered with an order type of Quote will include prospects and leads in the lookup lists. When an order type is being changed from a Quote to Firm Order and the customer on the order is not set as a type Customer the system will now ask if you would like to change the customer’s type to Customer. In some cases you may want to send samples to a prospect using Enter & Edit Orders while not wanting to change their type from Prospect.
- New Feature-Now, you can view scanned images in invoice inquiry and create invoice screen.
- New Feature-Shippers can now be marked as inactive so they won’t show up as options in the selection grids. Existing documents with inactive shippers will continue to show the shippers that was assigned to them.
- New Report-New report located in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Reports, Sales Journals, Sales Summary Inquiry. This report will allow you to summarize sales by Ship to City, Ship to State, Ship to Zip Code, Bill to City, Bill to State, Bill to Zip Code, Payment Terms, Customer Classification or Sales Person. If you answer “NO’ to summarize customers or products the sales will be broken out accordingly.
- New Optional Fields-Optional columns have been added to all of the Customer Address Grids that show: Tax – Service, Tax – Custom, and Tax – Other. Example: Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Miscellaneous A/R Reports, List Customer Addresses
- New Option on Report: The Sales Summary Inquiry now has an option to summarize by Customer Group. The Sales Summary is located in: Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Sales Journals, Sales Summary Inquiry
- New Optional Field: The Customer’s default FOB is now available as an Optional Field on the Customer Inquiry screen when the system flag has been set to use default customer FOB’s
- New Feature-Now on the Accounts Receivable aging report you can see percentage of dollar amount if you hover your mouse over the graph. The report is located here: Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Aged Analysis Reports, Aging by Customer
- New Feature-You can now change your Note Category Filters from the Enter & Edit Notes screen
- New Feature-In Send Customer Statements the default for Review List before Sending? is now Yes
- New Report-New inquiry breaks out invoice miscellaneous charges in a grid by invoice date range. This new inquiry is located in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Reports, Invoice History, Misc. Charge Detail Sales Inquiry
- New Feature-Note Categories, you can now create categories for notes and choose which notes are visible to you in your user flags. You can set up a Note Category in Accounts Receivable System, CRM System, CRM File Maintenance, Enter & Edit Note Categories
- New Report-New sales summary inquiry based on lot comments, Lot Comment Sales Summary Inquiry located in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Reports, Sales Journals, Invoice History, Lot Comment Sales Summary Inquiry
- New Fields Added to Report-The Salesperson code and name have been added as optional columns to the Customer Payments Report. The Customer Payments report is located in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Reports, Cash Receipt Reports, Customer Payment Reports.
- New Fields Added to Report-New customer Group and Group Name optional columns have been added to the List Contacts by Customer grid.The List Contacts by Customer report is located in Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Customer Lists & Labels, List Contacts by Customer
- New Feature-The Update Deposit will now return to the grid of deposits if more are available to update instead of closing the tab.
- New Fields Added to Report-The Sales Summary Inquiry grid will now show the Total Cost, Total Sales, Number of Customers and Number of Products in the north region. New optional columns have been added for Profit, Profit %, Invoices, Customers and Products. The Sales Summary report is located in Accounts Receivable System, Accounts Receivable Reports, Sales Journals, Sales Summary Inquiry. You also can now drill into row in the Sales Summary Inquiry grid to see the detail that the summary information came from.
- New Fields Added to Report-There are now Optional columns for Last Vendor and Last Vendor Name added to the Customer Inquiry’s Detail Sales History grid
- New Fields Added to Report-There are now Optional columns for Value, Balance, Posted By and Time added to the G.L. Transaction Inquiry grid. The Account Transaction Report is located in General Ledger System, Account Transaction Report
- New Feature-Contact Computer Insights will no longer send you to a web page. It is now a standard grid of information. Chat with Customer Support” coming soon.
- New Field Added to Report-The following field has been added to the Salesperson Sales by Customer Report include Customer Group. This report is located in Sales Analysis System, Salesperson Sales Analysis, Salesperson Sales by Customer
- New Report-New Customer YTD Comparative Summary summarizes customer invoice sales by date range and customer range.The Customer YTD Comparative Summary report is located in Sales Analysis System, Customer Sales Analysis, More, Customer YTD Comparative Report
- New Report-A new report has been added to view customer sales by year, “Customer Sales by Year” located in Sales Analysis System, Customer Sales Analysis, Customer Sales by Year
- New Option on Report-The final page of the Customer YTD Comparative Report now shows totals for each month as well as a final total for the entire report. The Customer YTD Comparative Report is located in Sales Analysis System, Customer Sales Analysis, More, Customer YTD Comparative Report.
- New Field Added to Report-New optional cost columns added to Product Sales & Profit grid. The Product Sales & Profit report is located in Sales Analysis System, Product Sales Analysis, Product Sales & Profit
- New Field Added to Optional Column-New optional column for All Sales has been added to the Customer and Salesperson’s Monthly and Annual summary grids. All Sales and % of All columns will only be available to users that have security access to the Sales Analysis System.
- New Report Feature- The Export Slsm/Cust/Product Report can now be sent to grid so it can be exported to Excel. This report is located in Utilities, Export File Data, Export A/R Information, Export Sales, Export Slsm/Cust/Product Report
- New Feature-We try to avoid it when we can but there are times when new releases will require workstation applications to be upgraded.
The 2018 release is one of those times. Some of the new features in this workstation upgrade include: Upgrade Chromium browser core from 47 (2016) to 64 (2018), Improved performance and stability, Better window handling and memory management, Support for HTTPS/SSL communication, Support for secureIDs, Mitigations for Spectre Attacks
- New Feature-If VMI Mobile is being used with a normal user (not a “web user”) the Product Inquiry option will be included in the side menu when an active internet connection is detected.
- New User Flags- Printer Flags now include PO Receiving, PPO Picking, PPO Packing, PPO Receiving, PPO traveler, Transfer Pick, and Transfer Pack