Release Notes – October 2008 – December 2008
» Download Release Notes «
Order & Quote Entry System
- New User Security Flag – Allowed to change cost on Quotes. If you would like to reflect actual projected costs on a Quote to a customer Users will have the ability to change the cost if this flag is set to Yes. When entering a quote the system will show the default PO Cost by Default. When viewing the expected profit on the Quote, it may not be accurate if your Default PO Costs are not current. If the Quote is changed to an Order and billed to the Customer, the Actual Cost will be used based on the value of the allocated Products, the cost entered in a Quote will only be used for analysis purposes.
- Report enhancement – Open Order Report by Customer – All Detail. When presenting this report to the screen for export to Excel or a text file the Salesperson is now included in the data.
There is also a summary provided on the heading of the report which provides a summary of the value of line items that are On Hand, On Purchase Order as well as the value of items that need to be ordered. For some companies Orders may not be confirmed without a PO Number from the Customer so there is also a summary of the value of open orders that have a Customer PO Number.
This report is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Order Reports, Open Order Reports, Open Orders by Customer – All Detail.
- New Flag – Orders-Copy Package Qty to Qty Ordered. If this flag is set to Yes the system will automatically copy the package quantity in the master file to the quantity ordered on a Sales Order. This quantity can be over-ridden. This new flag is located in Entity & System Flags – Order Entry on the 4th screen.
- New Report – Pick List by Customer – This new report will combine all orders for a particular customer or a range of customers. Users can also select a date range based on the Date Requested or the Schedule Dates. This report will present all items on all orders in the range selected in Location Order along with the product Code, Description, Date Requested and Quantity. This report is located in Scheduling and Expediting Reports, Pick List Reports.
- New Report – P.O. Open Order Report – This report will provide a listing of all Orders that are open for a particular Purchase Order. Each Product will be listed along with selected Sales Orders, Quotes, RMA’s and or Work Orders. If you find that you have a price increase on a Purchase Order when you get a confirmation back from a Vendor this report enables you to see what Orders are open so that you can edit the prices if needed. This report is located in Open Order Reports.
- New Report – Shipping Summary by Customer – This report is a summary report and will only be generated based on the Date Requested on the heading of an Order. Any date range and range of customers can be selected along with the order types. A listing will be provided including the Customer, Order Date, Date Requested and Order Value. If you have scheduled Orders this report would not be a good choice as different line items could have different due dates. This report is located in a new sub menu Shipping Schedules by Customer which is located in Order Reports, Scheduling and Expediting Reports.
- New Report Option – The Open Orders by Customer report provides a listing of all Open Orders for any range of customers. Users can choose to print the Sales Order Date or the Date Requested from the Heading of the Order. If you are using the Scheduling feature by line item, the schedule dates will not show on this report.
- New Report Option – The Allocated Orders report will now go to a scroll box and can be exported to Excel or a Text file. This report also now includes a Date Range where Users can select a beginning and ending date for Orders to include in this report.
- New Feature – Users can now edit the shipping schedule during Allocate Inventory. Users can only schedule up to the quantity ordered, unlike in Enter & Edit Orders where you could schedule more and the quantity ordered would increase. Order Inquiries will also show the combined allocated and shipping schedule in one scrolling box.
- New Feature – Customer Order Audit – Customer Orders will now be audited – We are saving the date, time, user and changes that are made to the order heading and address information. To view the changes from an Order Inquiry, go to Show Basic Info, Change History Fkey. This is not auditing the detail lines but that will be a future enhancement.
Purchase Order System
- New Feature – Find open PO’s for vendors – When in Enter & Edit Purchase orders, if you press F5-Vendor before selecting a PO Number you will be prompted for a Vendor Name. Once you select a Vendor the system will show you all Open Purchase Orders for that particular Vendor. If you see a PO that you would like to edit, simply highlight it and press enter or click on it with your mouse and you will be editing that particular PO. (This same feature is available in Enter & Edit Sales Orders)
- New Feature – The Purchases Orders in Process report has in the past included all P.O’s being received by all Users. It will now only include the User that is producing the report. When running this report from the menu, a drop down list of Users that have in-process receipts can be viewed so Users can select which user they would like to print receipts for.
- When Receiving a PO and using the All Fkey the system will follow these rules – You can only use the All key when all of these rules are satisfied:
- Tracked systems must allow the system to generate the Lot Numbers
- If the system cannot set a default location for all tracked items on the PO, a message will be displayed with the first line that does not have a valid location
- No lines can be previously received individually
- If the system flag to allow zero cost receipts it set to No, a message will be displayed the first line that has a zero cost
- Warehouse receipts for the same PO can not be in process through the wireless warehouse or warehouse management system.
Processing Purchase Order System
- New Flag – Set PPO Qty Used to “write off” when 0 backorder. When receiving a Processing Purchase Order and zeroing out a backorder the system can either write off the lost product or build the cost of the lost product into the finished inventory increasing the cost based on the lost inventory.
If you would like the system to automatically write off the lost inventory this new flag should be set to yes. This flag is located in Entity & System Flags – Purchase Orders on the third screen.
- New Feature – Processing Purchase Orders can now be assigned multiple Manufacturer Lot Numbers. This can be done by using the Tag function when receiving the PPO. The internal lot number will be the same, sequential tag numbers will be assigned based on the Users Input.
- New Feature – You can now edit Customer Payment Terms in Edit Posted Invoices. This is located in Accounts Receivable Invoice Routines, Posted invoice Maintenance, Edit Posted Invoices.
- New Report – Customer Tax Receipts Breakdown report – This new report will break out detail of Tax Authorities. If you pay sales tax based on cash received and your tax authorities are entered with breakdowns by State, County, and City etc this report will provide a detailed breakdown making it easier to fill out State Sales Tax Forms. This new report is located in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Reports, Cash Receipts Reports.
- New Feature – You can now drill into the Invoice Listing with Ship to Information inquiry. This inquiry will list all invoices within a range along with the Ship to Address. You can now drill into an invoice on this list and you will be in an Invoice Inquiry for that particular Invoice. This Inquiry is located in Accounts Receivable Reports.
- New field added for export – When viewing and exporting the Customer Sales History in a Customer Inquiry (F5) the Default P.O. Cost will now be included in the information exported.
- New fields available in scroll box for export. When in a Customer Inquiry, F4-Basic Information, F10-Parts – you can view all Products that have an Alternate Product Code tied to that particular Customer. On-hand Quantities and Locations have been added to the information when exported to a text file or Excel.
- Enter & Edit Customers has been changed to accommodate additional needs by customer address such as different default ship methods. The entry screen has been changed so that all Customer Addresses can be entered upon the initial entry of the Customer. Each Address has the option of being specified as the Default Bill Address, Default Ship to Address and Default Statement Address. If only one address is entered it will be defaulted to the Default Bill Address and Default Statement Address.
When your system is upgraded to this version the Customers address will no longer be located on the first screen, all addresses are accessible through the F7- Address screen. The system will update the current default billing and statement addresses automatically.
When an address is changed, the User will be prompted to change the information on Open Sales Orders and Un-updated Invoices. Updated documents will not be changed.
When a new Customer is added, the Address Screen will pop up automatically where all addresses can be added during the initial entry.
Below are some other changes that will take effect with this new logic:
One Time Ship to addresses during Enter & Edit Orders now has all Tax and UPS questions.
A new One Time Ship to Address that is saved, by answering Yes to Save Address, will be set to No for default Ship, Billing and Stmt
There is a flag that will cause the system to prompt a user to select a Ship to when there are multiple addresses and none are set as the default shipper. This flag Prompt for Ship Address before Order Detail? Is located in Entity & System flags – Order Entry. This is not a new flag but may be of interest if you are not currently using this feature. * If you do not charge Sales Tax you can set a new System Flag: Automatically Ask Tax Questions during Edit Customers to No. This will prevent the system from prompting the user for Sales Tax each time an address is entered. This flag is located in Entity & System Flags – Accounts Receivable. * Customer’s Phone and Fax numbers are now used as defaults when entering a new address, different numbers can optionally be entered in each address.
The Bill To Address will be moved to the address file and be set as the default Bill to address. If the Bill To Address is already in the address file it will be marked as the default Bill to address and if it’s marked as the default shipper already it will remain the default shipper. If an address has been selected as the default statement address the upgrade will set the new Statement Address flag to Yes
- Notes Enhancement – When entering internal Customer Notes you can now specify that the Note pop up when the User that entered the note selects the customer, when all users select the customer or never to pop up. This way you can force Users to read an important internal note. This same ability has been added to Product Notes and Vendor Notes.
- Feature Enhancement – When Sending Customer invoices, Users will now be presented with a screen where they can toggle the default output from Fax, e-mail and printing before sending. This way if you have an invoice that you do not want to send for some reason it will not automatically get faxed or e-mailed due to the default settings in the Customer file.
- New Feature – Customer Invoice Audit – Customer Invoices will now be audited – We are saving the date, time, user and changes that are made to the invoice heading and address information. To view the changes from an Invoice Inquiry, go to Show Basic Info, Change History Fkey. This is not auditing the detail lines but that will be a future enhancement.
- New Feature – When generating checks through Process Checks by Date the system will now display the total of the invoices selected for payment in Edit Prepared Invoices. This total will be displayed on the heading of the screen. If you remove invoices or add invoices you can simply exit after making your edits and when you re-enter Edit Prepared Invoices it will have the new total for all of the selected invoices.
- New Report – Vendor Invoice Distribution Report – This new report can be generated for any date range and range of vendors. The date range can be based on the Invoice Date. Post Date or Due Date. The report will be in order of GL Distribution Account and will show each Vendor along with the debits and credits posted through accounts payable.
This report is available in all of the output options including to Excel where it can be sorted in another sequence. This report is located in Accounts Payable Reports, Vendor Invoice Distribution Report.
- Notes Enhancement – When entering internal Vendor Notes you can now specify that the Note pop up when the User that entered the note selects the Vendor, when all users select the Vendor or to never pop up. This same ability has been added to Customer Notes and Inventor Notes.
- New Feature – There is now a menu item that will enable users to update the List price for a range of products based on cost. Any range of products can be selected, by Product Code, Classification, Description or Alternate Product Code. The List Price can be updated based on a + / – percentage change or a multiplier using either Default PO Cost or Standard Cost. This new selection is located in Inventory File Maintenance, Selling Price Maintenance, Assign List Price Change from Cost to Inventory.
- New Feature – New Option for Physical Inventory – tracking only. When adding products to the physical count sheet you have an option to only include items over a specific dollar value. This is useful if you only want to count high value items.
- New Import – Import Substitute Products. In the inventory master file you can enter substitute products that can be used on either sales order and or Processing Purchase Orders. There is now an import routine where you can input substitute products into the system. In order to do this you would prepare a spreadsheet that has the Product Code that you would like to import substitutes for in column A and then the valid substitute in column B. If you have more than one substitute for a product the main product would be listed multiple times in Column A.
When in a Sales Order or Processing Purchase Order you can then view the valid substitutes and easily change the product to one of those substitutes. This import is located in Utilities, Import Data Menu.
- New report feature – Calculate Re-order and Max Qty to Stock Report. When the system calculates new re-order points and max quantity to stock values you can now have all of the new output options which makes it easier to review, one option is users can export it and sort it in excel. This report shows the current and proposed quantities so that you can review the changes before applying them to your live inventory. The Re-Order Point System is available in the Inventory System and the Automatic Replenishment System.
- New Feature – Tracking Only – When creating a worksheet in the Physical Inventory System you can choose to only select items with a total value over a specified amount. When you enter a value in this field, products with a total value less that this value will not be included in the physical.
- Screen Change – Non Branch Enabled Systems only – When entering a Sales Order and on a Detail Line the screen will now display the committed quantity instead of just Customer Orders. This will take into Account quantities sent to a processor, items on a Debit Memo or Manufacturing Work Order. You can see all of the detail of a particular part by viewing Availability (F4 in the Wire Frame Screens).
- New Feature – Import New Product Codes. There is a new import that will enable Users to create a spreadsheet with their old Product Code and a New Product Code. The system will then automatically change the Product Code in the system. This is handy if you are re-working a large number of Product Codes. You can also change Product Codes individually in Enter & Edit Products.
All past history and open documents will still be associated with the Product; the Product Code will simply show as the new one.
- New information added to Alternate Part Report – When an Alternate Product Code is associated with a Customer or Vendor this report will now include a column with the Customers and or Vendors when sent to a text file or Excel. This report is located in Inventory Reports, Inventory Lists.
- New Features relating to Vendor Contract Costs – There is a new menu located in Inventory Reports – Cost & Price Table Lists – Vendor Contract Costs.
Vendor Contract Cost Report – This report can be generated for any range of Vendors and will provide a listing of all Products associated with those Vendors in a Scroll box. This information can be exported to a text file or to Excel. The information included is Vendor, Product Code, Description, and Alternate if tied to the Vendor, Minimum Quantity, Contract Cost and Package Quantity.
Product – Vendor Contract Cost Report – This report can be generated for any range of Products and will include all Vendors that have Contract Costs associated with the selected products. The information is presented in a scroll box and can be exported to a text file or Excel. The information included is Product Code, Description, Vendor, and Alternate if tied to the Vendor, Minimum Quantity, Contract Cost and Package Quantity.
Delete Vendor Contract Costs – This feature will enable users to select a range of Vendors and Products to remove. A listing will be provided in a scroll box so the User can view the records that were selected to be removed. Products can be omitted from the delete by highlighting them in the scroll box and choosing to remove them from the list by clicking on or pressing F2-remove. Once the list for removal is ready the system will have the User confirm and will remove the selected vendor contract prices.
Update Contract Cost End Dates – This feature will enable a User to Update end dates for a range or Products by Vendor. If you are using the Ending Date this is a quick way to update the Vendor Contract Pricing without having to remove and re-import the pricing.
- New Feature – Customer Notes tied to Products – You can now enter inventory notes to print on documents for specific Customers. Inventory Notes can be entered in Enter & Edit Customers, More, Instructions, Inventory Customer Instructions. If you would like your forms changed to print these new notes please fax a sample of the form along with an example of where you would like them to appear.
Form changes will be billed at our normal hourly programming rate of $150 per hour.
- Notes Enhancement – When entering internal Product Notes you can now specify that the Note pop up when the User that entered the Note selects the Product, when all Users select the product or to Never Pop up. Users can also get a Pop up reminder upon logging in on a specific date based on a follow up date and time entered in the Note. This same ability has been added to Customer Notes and Vendor Notes.
- New Feature – Product Audits – Products will now be audited, the system will record exactly when information was saved in the product master file. The system will know the value before and after the change, the user, time and date of the change.
To view the history in Product Inquiry, choose Show Basic Info, ChgHst key. This information can also be found in Utilities, System Administrator, Employee system, Audit Inquiries, Product Audit Inquiry.
- New report options – Income Statement Spreadsheet – in the past this report was only available as a printed report. All of the output options are now available including exporting to a text or excel file. This report is located in Financial Reports – Income Statement Spreadsheet. This report will also now include year to date figures for the period selected. In the past the year to date figures was for the fiscal year no matter what periods were chosen.
- New Report – Customer Sales & Profit by Ship to – This report is the same as the Customer Sales and Profit report that is based on the Bill to address except that a customer will be listed multiple times based on the number of addresses that you shipped to. This report is also longer since the address information has to be included for each address. When this report is sent to the screen it can be easily put into an Excel Spreadsheet.
Users can select up to three date ranges and any range of customers. You also have options to include quantities and profits. This report is located in Sales Analysis System, Customer Sales Analysis, More Reports – Customer Sales & Profit by Ship Address.
- New Report – Customer Detailed Sales by Ship To/Product – This new report will include the same information as the Customer Detailed Sales by product but will be by Customer Ship to Address instead of the billing address. This report is located in Sales Analysis, Customer Sales Analysis, 0. More, Customer Detail Sales by Ship to/Prod.
Up to three date ranges can be selected along with any range of Customers and Products. This report can be put into Excel or a Text file if the screen option is selected.
- New report option – Customer Sales by Product Group will now be presented in a scrolling box when the screen option is selected. This will allow users to export this information to Excel or a Text file. This report is located in Customer Sales Analysis.
- Report now goes to Excel – Customer Sales and Profit Ranking Reports which can be generated for Net Sales, Gross Profit and Percent Gross Profit are now presented in a scroll box which enables the information to be put into Excel or a text file for further analysis.
- New Export fields – When exporting Inventory Master File information Date of Last Purchase, Date of Last Request for Quote, YTD Usage and LYR Usage have been added as export options.
- The Accounts Receivable Aging Reports can now be generated by Branch. There is an option to include all Branches or select an individual branch.
- New Feature – Branches can now be set as inactive, so that they cannot be selected on Orders, Purchase Orders etc. You must be sure that no open documents or locations are assigned to the branch before making it in-active. The in-active branch will no longer be available for selection; however reports that go back in time will still include the inactive branch information.
- New Display – When in Product Inquiry the Show Usage option will show a breakdown of the Usage for all branches along with the total usage for the entity.
- New Feature – When using any of the scan manager options you can now select an image file to upload instead of scanning. Users can select any jpg, tif, or pdf that resides in the upload folder. The system will treat these files just like an incoming fax or scan and puts it into Document Connection. The original file will no longer be there after the upload. As it goes through some conversions depending on which format is uploaded. Be sure you have a copy of the original file saved in another location.