Release Notes – January 2005 – April 2005
» Download Release Notes «
Order & Quote Entry
- New Customer Flag – Print Prices on Packing List – Each Customer can be individually setup to Print Prices on their Packing List or Not. This new flag is located in Enter and Edit Customers, F5 – Additional Information. The default for this new flag will be No when your system is upgraded.
New Option – When printing Packing Lists there are now three ways to answer the question, Show Prices? Use Customer Default – (this would use the answer that is setup in the Customer Master file which is a new field described in number 1 above), Yes or No. If you wish to start utilizing this new feature of printing prices based on this new question and have not printed your forms like this in the past a form change may be required. Form changes will be billed at our normal hourly rate.
You can setup a default answer to this question in Enter and Edit Customer Defaults. Then when you enter a new Customer, the default will be set for you automatically and you can simply change it when needed.
If you would like your forms changed to use this new flag, changes will be billed at our normal hourly rate.
- The system will now record the user name, date and time that a Picking Ticket and Packing List are printed.
- New Feature – Packing List Printed – Date Time and User information is now being saved in the Order records. A new column will now be included presenting this information on the Shipping Schedule by Date when presented to the screen to be exported to Excel.
- New Features – Customer Price Inquiry will now keep the customer you selected when pressing Esc to select a new product. The Customer Price Inquiry is the last selection in the Inquiry Menu and is very useful when a customer calls to find out what “their” price is on a specific product. You can now also use the + and – keys to automatically go to the next or previous item after selecting the first Product.
- New Feature for tracked inventory – F6- Allocate All – When Allocating a Sales Order there is a new function key F6-All. This will allocate all items on an Order automatically when there is only one Lot/Location quantity on hand when allocating. If there is more than one lot/location available the system will bring you to the line item so you can manually select the lot/location you are shipping from.
- New Feature – Cardex Inquiry while in a Sales Order Detail Line. When you are in the detail line of a Sales Order the current function of the F3 Key is Sales History. This presents all of the previous sales for the Customer and Product you have selected. Users can now change the functionality of the F3 key to display the Cardex information (F11 in Product Inquiry) by changing their User Flag. You can change this flag by pressing F1-Help, F4-User Flags, User Flags – Order Entry, Order Detail Line F3 Inquiry. Press spacebar to select from a drop down box.
- New Feature – Order Inquiry – When doing an Order Inquiry through the Inquiry menu, you can now type in a Customers P.O. Number to locate their order if you do not know your Sales Order Number. In the Order Inquiry, simply press enter past the Order Number Prompt or click on the Customer P.O. Prompt and type in your customer’s P.O. Number. If there is more than one Sales Orderwith the same P.O. Number a drop down box will display all of the Sales Orders with the P.O. Number you entered, and you can click on the one you would like or highlight it and press enter.
- New Feature – Insert Line – You now have the ability to insert a line in the middle of an Order, Quote or RMA. When you are on the Detail Line screen in Enter & Edit Orders, the F9-Ins key will insert a new line above the line you have highlighted. This is handy if you are trying to replicate a PO from a customer and accidentally missed a line or would like to group items. All lines will be renumbered based on the lines that you have inserted.
- New Feature – Duplicate Order.- This new feature enables you to select a Sales Order, Quote or RMA that was previously entered in the system and duplicate it. The order you are duplicating can be open or closed. When you confirm that you would like to duplicate the Order the system will generate a new order for the same customer with the next numerical Order number. The Order Date will be the date you duplicated the order. This new option is located in Order & Quote Entry.
- New Report – Inventory Requirements Report – This new report can be generated for any range of products, as with most other inventory related reports you can sequence this report by Product Code, Classification, Description or Alternate Part Number. You can then select up to 4 Dates, these might be spread a week a part for instance. This report will provide a running balance on each part for each period you selected based on Sales Order due to ship out and Purchase Orders and Processing Purchases orders that are due in. This new report is located in Order Reports, Order Requirements Reports, Inventory Requirements Report.
- New User Flag – Use Reverse Sequence During Order Entry – The default in the system is to add new lines to the bottom of the Sales Order Detail Lines. If you would like the last line entered to be on the top of the Enter & Edit screen instead of the bottom you can change this flag to Yes. This new User flag is located in User Flags – Order Entry.
- New Feature – Salesperson Booking report. When viewing this report to the screen the system will now include the detail when Include Detail Line is answered Yes. In the past you could only view the detail when this report was printed.
Purchase Order System
- New Feature – There is now an option to print a detailed PO In Process Register before updating Purchase Order receipts. The default report in the system provides a summary by Vendor presenting the Purchase Order(s) received and the total value. This new feature will list each Purchase Order along with the Products received. If you would like to change your system to view the new detailed In-Process report, you can do so by changing a flag. This new flag is located in Utilities, System Administrator, System Setup, Setup Miscellaneous, Entity & System Flags, Purchase Order Flags. The flag is located on the second screen and is Print Detail on PO Receipts in Process Register, simply change this flag to Yes.
- New Report – Purchase Order Receipts summarized by Vendor. Thisnew report can be produced for any date range and any range of Vendors. The information includes Vendor Code, Vendor Name, Quantity Received, Value Received and Weight. When this report is produced to the screen it can be exported to Excel or a Text file.
- New Feature – Print Stocking Labels or Customer Package Labels during the receiving process. If you are tracking lots and or locations you have the ability to print either Stocking Labels or Customer Package Labels as you receive each line item on a Purchase Order. There are two new function keys when you are at New Line on the tracking screen.
- New Fields – F.O.B and Ship Via fields have been added to the Vendor Master file. These are located under F5-Additional Information. If you fill in these fields in the Vendor Master file they will come up as the defaults when a new Purchase Order is entered. You can then over-ride them on the Purchase Order as needed. Defaults for the Vendors can also be setup in Enter & Edit Vendor defaults in Accounts Payable Maintenance for new Vendors.
- New Feature – Cardex and Branch Usage options. When you are in the detail line of a Purchase Order the current function of the F3 Key is Purchase History. This presents all of the previous purchases for the Product you have selected. Users can now change to functionality of the F3 key to display the Cardex information (F11 in Product Inquiry) or Monthly Usage information (F5,F5 in Product Inquiry) by changing their User Flag. You can change this flag by pressing F1-Help, F4-User Flags, User Flags – Purchase Orders, PO Detail Line F3 Inquiry. Press spacebar to select from a drop down box.
- New Feature – Open Purchase Order report – You now have the ability to enter a Date Range for either Current Promised Date, PO Date or Date Requested. This enables you to print a more concise report based on the information you are looking for. This is very helpful when you want to expedite Purchase Orders that may be late or due in the near future. This report can also be exported to Excel or a Text file which allows further sorting. This report is located in Purchase Order Reports, Open PO Reports, Open Po Report.
- New Feature – Open PO’s in Vendor Order – a date range for Current Promised Date has been added to this report. As always you can select a single vendor or a range of vendors. This report can also be produced in summary or detail form. Adding the Date Range option makes using this report for expediting more effective.
- New Feature – Print P.O. Receipt Stocking Labels – This new option will print Stocking labels for each line item received on a particular Purchase Order. This is located in Order & Quote Entry, Print & Fax Options, Print Labels, Print P.O. Receipt Stocking Labels. These labels can only be printed after a Purchase Order has been received.
- New Feature – When in Enter and Edit PO Detail Line by default the Default PO Cost is displayed as the Raw Cost. If for some reason you change that value and then want to change it back to the Default PO Cost, you can simply press Spacebar and Enter at the Raw Cost field and it will change back to what ever the Default PO Cost is in the Inventory Master File.
- New Feature – Insert Line – You now have the ability to insert a line in the middle of a Purchase Order. When you are at the Detail Lines of a Purchase Order the F9-Ins key will insert a new line above the line you have highlighted. All lines will be re-numbered based on the line(s) that you have inserted.
- New User Flag – Skip Location in Po Receipts – If this flag is set to No, the cursor will stop at the Location field when receiving a Purchase Order. If you have default locations and do not want to have the cursor stop at the location prompt simply answer Yes. This new User flag is located in User Flags – Purchase Orders.
- New User Flag – Use Reverse Sequence During PO Entry – The default in the system is to add new lines to the bottom of the PO Detail Lines. If you would like the last line entered to be on the top of the Enter & Edit screen instead of the bottom you can change this flag to Yes. This new User flag is located in User Flags – Purchase Orders.
- New Report Location – Merchandise Receiving Report has been added to the P.O. Receipt Routines menu. Some companies use this report when they are manually checking in a Purchase Order.
Processing Purchase Orders
- New Fields – F.O.B and Ship Via fields have been added to the Vendor Master file. If you fill in these fields in the Vendor Master file they will come up as the defaults when a new Processing Purchase Order is entered. You can then overwrite them on the Purchase Order if needed. Defaults for the Vendor can also be setup in Enter & Edit Vendor defaults in Accounts Payable Maintenance for new Vendors.
- New Feature – The Open PPO’s by Product Report will now be presented in a scrolling box when the screen option is selected. Since it is in a scrolling box this information can now be exported to Excel, a text file or sent as an email attachment. Any information throughout the system that is presented in a scrolling box can be exported to Excel, exported to a text file or e-mailed.
- New Report – Send Processing PO’s by Vendor – This new report will provide a listing of all Processing Purchase Orders sent to an individual Vendor on a specific date. This report can be used as a summary to send your vendor when you are shipping multiple jobs to them. Depending how you answer the questions Show only Non-Stock Detail Lines and Show prices for Non-Stock Detail Lines the report will print different information.
Show only Non-Stocked Detail Lines – If you answer Yes to this question the Item(s) being sent to the processor and all Labor items will be include. If you answer No the Product you are Creating will be included as well.
Show Prices for Non-Stock Detail Lines – If you answer Yes to this, each line item will show the cost of the Labor item i.e. Plating and a Total will print on the bottom of the report for all of the services you are purchasing.
- New Feature – Automatic Discounts during Cash Receipts. If you offer payment terms that include discounts the system will automatically apply the discounts that are due when you pay your customers invoices in the system.The discount will only be given automatically if the invoice being paid is paid within the discount period. If you would like to allow a discount past the discount date, the F10 key will give the discount regardless of the date the invoice is being paid. There is also a system flag that will designate whether or not discounts are allowed on Freight and Tax. This flag is located in Entity & System Flags –Discount Gross Amount in Cash Receipts. The default for this flag is No.
- New Feature – You can now store your customers Credit Card information in their Customer Master Record. They system will store an unlimited number of credit cards for one customer. This information can be entered in Enter & Edit Customers, F5- Additional Information, F7- More, F6-Credit Cards. Additional features will follow relating to Customer Credit Cards.
- New Feature – There is an optional feature that can be used along with the credit card information that can now be stored in the Customer Master File. If theCredit Card System Flag is set to Yes and your Customers Payment Terms Code is CC a screen will prompt the User for Credit Card information. If your customer already has credit cards on file, a drop down list will be displayed showing the last four digits of all cards on file, the user can then select one. You also have the ability to enter a new credit card if the card being used is not on the list.When exiting an order the credit card that has been selected will be shown along with a prompt for verification.
- New Feature – When faxing all invoices in process the system will now give you the option to print all non-faxed invoices in process after the faxed invoices are sent to faxing. A screen will come up automatically, if you would like to print them you can verify your printer and press Esc. If you do not want to print at that point you can simply press Tab and Enter to exit the screen.
- New Feature – Print Unsent Invoices – This new option will ask for a date range and then the system will print any invoices that have not been either printed or faxed within that date range. This is very handy if you are faxing your invoices in process. After all of the invoices have either faxed successfully or failed this new option will automatically print all invoices that have not been printed or have not been successfully faxed. This new option is located in Accounts Receivable Invoice Routines, Print and Fax Options.
- New Feature – Customer Invoice Inquiry – This inquiry will now show both printed and faxed information. In the past, only the printed information was available in this inquiry. The User, Date and Time the invoice was printed or faxed will be displayed on the first screen of the inquiry.
- New Feature – Customer Invoice Inquiry – When doing a CustomerInvoice Inquiry through the Inquiry menu, you can now type in a Customers P.O.Number to locate your customers Invoice. In the Customer Invoice Inquiry, simply press enter past the Invoice Number Prompt or click on the Customer P.O. Prompt and type in your customer’s P.O. Number. If there is more than oneCustomer Invoice with the same P.O. Number a drop down box will display all of the Customer Invoices with the P.O. Number you selected, you can click on the one you would like or highlight it and press enter to select it.
- New Feature – Canadian PST Sales Tax – You can now over-ride the default for your Customer’s PST Taxable flag on an individual Invoice. You can do this using the F8-Tax function key on the heading of an Order and or Invoice.
- New Feature – If you are paying sales tax based on your sales, the SalesTax Sales Journal can now break down the sales tax charged in more detail.
Tax authorities in The BUSINESS EDGE can now have multiple levels of tax broken down In Enter & Edit Tax Authorities. After entering the Tax AuthorityName and Total Percentage of Sales Tax, you can press F4- Detail and enter a detailed breakdown of the total percentage. The Detail entered in F4 must equal the total tax percentage for that particular Tax Authority. An example would be if you needed to break out State and City tax when reporting your tax.
- New Feature – Invoices in Process Register – Print Invoice Detail? This new question has been added to the Invoices. If you answer Yes, each line item will be listed on the Invoices in Process Register including Sale Price, Cost and Profit. This is a good way to check for errors before updating your daily invoices.
- New Report Fields – Additional Fields have been added to the Paid Commissions report so that it includes the same information as the Open Commission Report. An option has also been added to begin new salespeople on a new page.
- New Inquiry – Customer Product History Inquiry – You can select a Customer, Contract Price Date and Sales History Date Range. This new inquiry will present all Products that are setup with Alternate Part Numbers for a SpecificCustomer. The Customers Alternate Part Number must have the Customer Code Assigned to it for it to appear in this Inquiry.
When this report is exported to Excel or a Text file it will include Your Customers Alternate Part Number, Alternate Description, Product Code, Product Description, List Price, their Contract Price, Total Quantity, Total Sales and TotalCost for the period you selected. This new report is located in Accounts Receivable Reports, Customer Activity Reports, Customer Product HistoryInquiry.
- New feature – Void Accounts Payable Check in current period. When voiding a check through the existing selection Void A/P Checks, the general ledger transaction of crediting cash and debiting accounts payable is reversed. The accounts payable invoice is opened up in the original period it was generated. This new feature enables you to void a check in another period. You can select the date you would like the transaction to post as well as the general ledger account you would like it to post to. If you are going to re-process the payment, you will then re-enter an invoice and generate a new check.
- You can now have a different Payee Name for the Remit to Address of a Vendor. When entering a new Remit to Address in Enter & Edit Vendors, the Vendor Name will be the default, you can simply arrow up and change the Remit to Name. The Remit to Name and Address prints on the Accounts Payable Check.
- New report – Inventory Requirements Report – This new report can be generated for any sequence of Products by Product Code, Classification, Description or Alternate Product Code. The system will prompt you for up to five dates, these dates might be weekly. This report will then age your available inventory showing what is available for each date you have selected based on the transactions in the system. These transactions include On hand inventory, Open Sales Orders based on the Date requested or the Scheduled Date(s), PPO’s to be sent out, P.O.’s due in, and PPO’s due.
This new report is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Order Reports, Order Requirement Reports, and Inventory Requirements Report.
- New Feature – When you are in a Product Inquiry and you do a partial lookup or press spacebar and enter to see all products in a scrolling box, the system will now include the Default P.O. Cost field when this information is exported to Excel.
- New Feature – When entering a Sales Order Users now have the ability to enter a Cost on Non-Stock items regardless of their security level. If their security level is setup so that they cannot see Costs they will not be able to see or change costs in other areas of the system.
- New Information – Sent to Processor Usage has been added to the Product Inquiry Screen. You can view this usage in the F5-Usage function key from the general inquiry screen or if you are using the Expert Inquiry with Stocking information it is presented on the right hand side of the screen.
- New Feature – Monthly Usage in Product Inquiry. When viewing Usage in a Product Inquiry the F5- Usage function key presents summary usage figures. You can now view a monthly breakdown by pressing F5 – Monthly Usage from the Usage screen. This will present usage by month starting with the most recent month on top. This information will be broken down by branch location if you have the optional branch feature. Since this information is presented in a scrolling window, it can also be exported to Excel or a text file.
- New Report – Purchasing Action Report – This new report will include products that are below minimum stocking levels. If you have the optional branch system all branches will be summed. The information provided includes Minimum Quantity to Buy, Optimum Quantity, The last four Sales Orders, Last four P.O.’s, last four incoming PPO’s, quantities that will be coming in or out on Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Processing Purchase Orders with stock levels shown after the pending event occurs. Also listed are monthly sales for the past 8 months.
This report can be run to screen or paper. You have the ability to run it to the screen and deselect products that are included using the F4 key. After viewing the information on the screen you can the Print it by pressing F3 or export it to excel or a text file.
- New Report – Customer Usage Report – This new report enables you to select a range of Dates, Customers and Products. It will then produce a report showing each Product that the selected Customers purchased in the date range selected. It will include the total quantity purchased, total Sales Dollars by Item and total Cost by item. If presented to the screen this information is presented in a scrolling box and therefore can be exported to Excel or a Text file.
This report is located in Inventory System, Inventory Reports, Usage Reports, Customer Usage Report.
- New Feature – List Inventory by Locations – When presented to the screen this report will now be presented in a scrolling box so that you can export it to Excel or a Text file. When exported to Excel or a text file it will also include the default Alternate Part Number. This report is located in Inventory Reports, Inventory Lists, List Inventory by Location.
- New Report – Customer Price List – This report can be printed to paper or displayed to the screen. After selecting a Customer and a range of Products a listing will provide each Product along with that Customers Price.
- New option – Physical Inventory system – Tracked Inventory – If you are tracking your inventory by lot and do not keep track of locations you can now use the Physical Inventory system based on a range of inventory instead of location. In order to utilize this function a system flag must be changed. This flag Physical Inventory Sort By can be changed in Enter & Edit System Flags 2.
General Ledger System
- New Posting Date Range – A new Posting Date Range has been added for Sales Orders. This new date range prevents users from changing Sales Orders entered in previous periods. If you are not concerned with changing old orders you can simply leave those particular range of dates open with the Earliest Date being at least as old as your oldest open order.
If you do want the system to prevent users from changing orders from previous periods they will be prompted to open a revision in order to edit an existing order from a previous period. The system will then keep track of when the revision was created and by what user. The revision will have the current order date, not the order date of the previous order.
- New Control Account – A/R Discount – This new control Account is used when using the new automatic discounting through Cash Receipts. If you allow your customers to take prompt payment discounts and would like to use the function keys in Enter & Edit Deposit to automatically calculate their discounts this field must be filled in. This would be the General Ledger Account where those discounts will be recorded. You can locate this in General Ledger File Maintenance, Control Accounts – Income Statement, on the second page.
Sales Analysis System
- New Feature – The Customer Sales and Profit Report will now be presented in a scrolling box when the screen option is selected. This information can now be exported to Excel, a text file or e-mailed. All information throughout the system that is presented in a scrolling box can be exported to Excel, exported to a text file or sent as an e-mail attachment.
- New Report – Customer Purchase Summary – This new report will enable you to select a range of Customers and a Date Range. It will then produce a report that includes each Customer selected with activity in that Date range you selected. The total number of Sales Orders, Total Quantity of Pieces Ordered, Total Sales Dollars and total Cost. This report can be utilized when analyzing your customers order activity. This report is available in all of the output options.
- New Report question – Salesperson Sales by Customer – There is a new question when this report is run. Show Customers with No Sales. If you would like to include all customers with or without sales answer Yes to this question. If you answer no, only customer with activity will be included.
- New Feature – Customer Detailed Sales by Product. This report is now presented in a scrolling box when the screen selection is chosen. Any report in the system that is presented in a scrolling box can be exported to Excel or a text file.
- New Feature – There are now new output options for reports. All reports have the ability to be viewed as an Adobe PDF file, sent as an Adobe PDF email attachment, or viewed as a flat text file in notepad. This new feature provides many new tools to the end user. You can also e-mail information contained in a scrolling box, this includes reports and inquiries. These features require The BUSINESS EDGE to be running on a current version of LINUX . It also requires special setup in the operating system. We charge a flat fee of $500 to upgrade your operating system from an older version of LINUX and then there is a flat fee of $250 to setup the operating functions that will enable you to use these new features.
- New Flag – Cups Printing enabled? Some systems may need this option to be set to yes in order to cancel system print jobs through the Utilities Menu. This will only address system printers. Printers that are setup only in windows need to be controlled through the control panel in windows.
This new flag is located in System Setup, Setup Miscellaneous, Entity and System Flags, General Flags.
- Enhanced feature – When you use the find command and export the results to Excel from the scrolling box the heading will now be sent out to the Excel spreadsheet. This feature requires The BUSINESS EDGE to be running on a current version of LINUX . It also requires special setup in the operating system. We charge a flat fee of $250 for this setup so that you can use these new features.
- New Feature – E-mail scrolling box information. Information that is presented in a scrolling box can now be emailed. When there is information in a scrolling box holding Control and Pressing E will by default present a screen where you can type in email address that you would like to send the information. In order to use this feature your server must be on the internet and the LINUX sendmail feature must be configured on your server.
- New Feature – Allow Output to PDF’s and email. If this new flag is set to yes and your systems LINUX operating system is configured with the current apache utilities you can now send reports to PDF files or email them. When this flag is set to yes, instead of only having options for Paper or Screen when printing reports you will see more choices in the drop down box including Adobe PDF, e-mail and text file. You must be running a LINUX operating system and depending on the version of the LINUX operating system you may require an operating system upgrade to support these new features. If you call our Customer service department we can determine the capabilities of your server. Using the email feature also requires that your server be on the internet.
This new flag is located in System Setup, Setup Miscellaneous, Entity and System Flags, General Flags.
- New Feature – After using the Find Command in a scrolling box you now have the ability to export the find results to Excel along with the column headings. In the past extra columns were being sent to excel, those will no longer appear.
- New Feature – If your LINUX operating system is on the internet and is configured to use the LINUX attachmail option you can now e-mail print screens.
- New Flag – Force Upper Case Input – This is a system flag that when set to Yes it will force all data entry to be entered in Upper Case. This is helpful if you find that you have inconsistent data entry. This forces uniform entry by all employees. This new flag is located in System Setup, Setup Miscellaneous, Entity and System Flags, General Flags.
- New Feature – You can now enter Customer Bin information in Enter and Edit Customers. This information can be entered in Enter & Edit Customers, F5- Additional Information, F7- More, F5- Customer Bins. The fields that are stored in the system are Bin Location, Bin Minimum Quantity, Bin Maximum Quantity and Customer Package Quantity.
- New Feature – Import Customer Bin Information. If you are using the Bin Stocking features in The BUSINESS EDGE and have your customers bin information in a spreadsheet you can now import it into the system. This is available in Utilities, Import File Data. The fields that can be imported are by Customer and Product and include Bin Location, Bin Minimum Quantity, Bin Maximum Quantity and Customer Package Quantity.
- New Feature – Print Bin labels for a Range of Customer Part Numbers – This new selection is located in Order & Quote Entry System, Print & Fax Options, Print Labels, Print Bin Labels, Print Range of Customer Bin Labels. This enables you to print bin labels based on Products that you have setup specifically setup Alternate Part Numbers for your Customer.
- New Feature – Print Bin Labels or Create Inventory file for Palm Pilot. If you have entered or imported all of by Customers Bin information you can print Bin Labels from this selection or create an excel file that can be used in the Parts Manager for The BUSINESS EDGE Palm Pilot program.
After selecting you Customer, all of the parts entered for their bins will be presented in a scrolling box. You can the use the F3 Key to remove any parts you would like to take out. You will only be removing them from this temporary listing, they will not be removed from the system. You can the Use the F4 Invn to Palm Key to Create an excel file that can be used to import into the Palm Pilot or use F5 Bin Labels to print Bin Labels for those parts in the scrolling box. If you export the information to Excel it will reside in your default Excel directory. Your default Excel directory is typically your user directory. It is setup in F1-Help, F4- User Flags – User Flags General.
This selection is located in Accounts Receivable, Customer Bin Inventory.
Branch Related Features
- New Feature – Manual Adjustments will now prompt users for the branch they are making an adjustment for. The default is the branch that the user currently has setup as their default branch. Adding this control enables users to view the cardex transactions for a part for all branches or for a single branch. When running the cardex the system has a new question, Include all Branches on Report?
- New Feature – When Allocating Orders, the only on hand inventory that will be displayed are those parts that are in the Branch that the order is being allocated for. If for some reason inventory needs to be allocated from a different branch, the inventory must be moved to a location in the correct branch.
- New Controls – You can no longer change the branch on an allocated order. The order must be unallocated first. They the order can be re-allocated with stock from the correct branch.
When you change a customer on an order, the branch will automatically change to the customer’s branch. When the order is allocated and the customer is changed to one that has a different branch than the original customer, a warning will be displayed telling the user that the branch cannot be changed. The system will still allow the customer to be changed.
- New Controls – Tighter controls have been added to receiving routines. You can no longer select locations that are not in your branch. You can only receive one Branch’s Purchase Orders for any given vendor at a time.
- New Feature – In the past Cost Centers could only be setup in individual Customers Records. You can now assign a Cost Center to a Branch. If there is a Cost Center setup in the Branch file, it will override any Cost Center that is setup in a Customer record.
- New User Flag – By default when you are looking up a product the system shows the Total Available Quantity on the far right hand column. Users can now set a User Flag if they would prefer the Available quantity to represent only what the Available Quantity is in their particular branch. This flag can be changed in User Flags – Inquiries – F7 Inquiries, Show Branch Avail during Selection.
- New Flag – Create Transfer Back Orders? By default when a Transfer is received and products that were not received are put on a backorder with the next numerical suffix i.e. 1000-01. If you do not want Transfers to create backorders this new flag can be set to No. This flag is located in Entity & System Flags, Inventory Flags.
- New Report – Order Fill Report by Transfer Product – This new report can be produced for any branch location. It will present Sales Orders that can be filled based on Inventory that was received in on a Transfer from another Branch. Similar to the Order Fill Reports for Po’s and PPO’s you can select the transfer receipt date(s) you would like, a range of Transfer Numbers and the latest Sales Order Requested Date you would like to see.
This report is located in Order Reports, Scheduling & Expediting Reports, Order Fill Report by Transfer-Product.
- Branch options have been added to many reports. The Branch option allows the User to print the report for a single branch or all branches combined.
- Accounts Receivable Reports
Purchase Order Reports
- Sales Journal by Date
- Sales Tax Sales Journal
- Invoices in Process by Date
- Receipts Journal by Vendor
- Receipts Journal by Class/Family
- Receipts Journal Summary by Vendor
- Open PO Report
- Inventory Cost Status Report
- Inventory Cost Status Report – Summary by Class
- Inventory Requirements Report
- Product Usage Inquiry